The Learning Enhancement Unit (LEU) takes a holistic approach to support the learning, social and emotional wellbeing of students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
By providing a positive and inclusive educational setting, the Learning Enhancement Unit encourages students to challenge themselves and to take ownership of their learning experiences.
The learning support team also provides the following programs:
- Individual Education Plans (IEP) and in class support for students with disabilities.
- Literacy Interaction Numeracy Knowledge Skills (LINKS) – the LINKS program gives students tasks designed to build success, confidence and self-esteem as well as study skills.
- Study – the Learning Enhancement Unit provides a supported, quiet study space for Senior students with learning difficulties or special needs.
- Homework Club – available on Wednesdays between 3:00pm and 4:00pm to assist students with homework and assignments.
- Exam support - teacher assistant support for students with disabilities
- FOCUS class - Modified Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities curriculum for students with learning difficulties and / or disabilities.
- Therapy sessions - students with disabilities have access to our visiting Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist.
- Lunch Time Clubs - supervised games, robotics and coding, dance and chess clubs to assist students with their social skills and build new friendships.