Student Services takes a holistic approach to support the learning, social and emotional wellbeing of students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
By providing a positive and inclusive educational setting, the Student Services encourages students to challenge themselves and to take ownership of their learning experiences.
The learning support team also provides the following programs:
• Personalised Learning Plans (PLP) and in class support for students with verified disabilities or learning / social emotional difficulties
• Literacy Interaction Numeracy Knowledge Skills (LINKS) – the LINKS program gives students tasks designed to build success, confidence and self-esteem in their subjects as well as study skills
• Learning Support Teachers and Teacher Assistants support identified students in classes
• Study – Student Services provides a supported, quiet study space for Senior students with learning difficulties and special needs
• Supports students with approved Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments (AARA)
• Exam support – teacher assistant support for students with disabilities or those with learning difficulties
• Year 9 Foundations class – Modified or adjusted Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities curriculum for students with learning difficulties and / or disabilities
• Intervention sessions – students with assessed literacy or speech difficulties have access to our visiting Speech Pathologist. Students with verified disabilities and require intervention for fine/gross motor skills, emotional regulation or social skills may be able to access the visiting Occupational Therapist.
• English as an Additional Language/Dialect - Enrichment and enhancement in all aspects of English literacy for students with an additional language or dialect within their homes.