On behalf of the Parent and Friends Association welcome to the Shalom College Community. The P&F Association is an essential part of the College Community and as a Shalom parent you are automatically a member. Being actively involved in the P&F provides parents with the opportunity to:
· be involved in the growth of Shalom
· be informed about and provide input into school policies and procedures; have a say in the acquisition of equipment and resources aimed at improving the educational environment for students, educators and families;
· and generally, have a say in what is happening.
The P&F Association continues to contribute significantly to the welfare of the College and its Community. Throughout 2022 P&F assisted the College with financially supporting various activities, including:
· The Bundaberg Edmund Rice Camp - facilitated by Shalom staff with the assistance of past and present Shalom students.
· Duke of Edinburgh Program
· Helping Hands Project
· School TV
· Contributing towards the SCASA Program
· Purchase of two new scoreboards for the sports complex
· New school banners
· Picnic tables for the lunch areas
· Outdoor science tables for Waterford Building
· Outdoor table tennis tables
· Subscriptions to Writers Toolbox for 2023 for the Year 7 and 8 English students
· Parent engagement sessions with guest speakers Adair Donaldson and Holly Seibold.
The P&F funding for Shalom is received from two main sources: the P&F levy and the Sunday Markets Coffee Shop, which is staffed by our Tuckshop Convenor as well as volunteers. If you have any time to spare, please consider supporting the Sunday Markets Coffee Shop, if every family gave up 3 hours on two Sundays per year it would make all the difference.
Finally, we would love to see as many parents and friends at our P&F Meetings. This year we have changed the frequency and format our meetings to suit everyone’s busy lifestyle. We will hold four meetings per year, one per term and these meetings with now have a Question-and-Answer session with our Principal – Mr Dan McMahon. Please keep an eye on the events program on the website for exact dates. All meetings are held in the staff room - entrance between the Administration Building and the Performing Arts Complex.
Amazing things can be achieved when the P&F and the College Administration and Educational team work together towards common goals. To continue this great work, the Shalom P&F need people from all walks of life, with a range of ideas, thoughts and suggestions who are committed to delivering great outcomes for our students and the college. Everybody has a role to play and your ideas will be heard. The more people involved — the more exciting and successful it will be.
2023 P&F President